9.4.09

JUST BEFORE CRASH (klick here)


Nobody becomes a chessplayer because of love for horses or enthusiasm for the royalties. What makes chess interesting is the beauty of strategies, the position of the pieces, the solutions to the difficult situations, the sudden awakening to new combinations, the challenges of opponents and a hundred other pleasures for each individual player. The game is never exhausted; there are always new discoveries to expect and revelations for your own capacity to imagine.

The installations that I build and tear down are similar to games of chess. I use mostly the same pieces for new combinations. My pleasure is to find new solutions for the different elements to act together within the limited space of a naked corner in my studio. I propose solutions, and let the onlooker imagine further steps for his own satisfaction.